When you need a little taste from home
Posted On: Friday, October 6, 2017
A recipe for you to share and enjoy!
Imagine yourself in the courtyard, standing in the warm summer sun, just about to grab a drink of water from the water fountain, when you catch a whiff of a sweet, delicious aroma wafting from the kitchen. The kitchen's screen door opens and closes, letting out just enough air for you to smell it again...
We're having Congo Bars for dessert tonight!
You smile in anticipation, running off to share the exciting news with the rest of your cabin.
Now, while we won't be able to recreate this moment until next summer, we can help you create it in your home this weekend! Here is the recipe for the camp-favourite dessert: Congo Bars.
- 2 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 package chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Combine butter and sugar using a mixer until blended. Add eggs, one at a time to sugar mixture, mixing on low in between each addition. Add vanilla and mix. Add flour and mix until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Coat a 9x13 pan with non-stick spray and spread batter evenly into dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until top is golden brown. To ensure you get the soft, gooey centre, make sure you don't over-bake.
This recipe is from Six Sisters Stuff
read all news