A favourite camp recipe for Family Day
Posted On: Thursday, February 15, 2018
Everything is more fun with sprinkles, wouldn't you agree?! Adding that extra colour and bit of crunch to a cookie makes a camp-favourite dessert: Sprinkle Cookies. Bring this fun and delicious camp treat to your home this weekend. It's bound to be a hit!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup rainbow sprinkles
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Cream together butter, oil, sugar, and confectioners sugar using a mixer until fluffy (about 3 minutes). Add egg and vanilla and beat to combine. Add dry ingredients and mix just until dough comes together. Mix in sprinkles.
- The dough will be very soft. Wrap it in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F, and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper or non-stick spray.
- Form the cookies into balls and place them on the prepared baking sheet. Bake until cookies are golden at the edges, about 20 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.
For an equally delicious variation, put a scoop of vanilla (or flavoured) ice cream between two sprinkle cookies to make home-made ice cream sandwich!
Recipe adapted from SeriousEats
read all news